Tuesday, 27 April 2010


Hi All - we finally have the green light to go. The Hotel was confirmed this afternoon and we will now be staying at:

18 West 25th Street, New York 10010
Telephone: 212 645 3990
Fax: 212 632 8952
Website: www.comfortinn.com

We have stayed here before and it is a lovely place, very well situated in the heart of Chelsea.
I will confirm in writing the full itinerary by post - but in the meantime can we meet up tomorrow Weds 28th at 12:05 in 1048 (animation room) so I can go through the changes to the itinerary.


Tim x

Monday, 26 April 2010

Hi All - confirmed flight times are through:

Leave: 3rd May 4:00am outside college as previously. Flying from Heathrow at 10:15 arriving Newark, New York at 13:00 local time.

Return: 6th May. Flying from JFK, New York at 18:50 arriving London Heathrow at 06:55 local time. Back at college around 10:30.

Still no confimation about the hotel. It will not be the Pennsylvania as it is full. They are now looking at 2 other alternatives. I will keep you posted.


Tim x
Hi Everyone. Just waiting for New York to wake up before we can get a confirmation on the hotel. Will hopefully be able to update at the end of today. Cheers Tim x

Sunday, 25 April 2010

Hi All - No new news at the close of play yesturday. We are still awaiting confirmation from the Pennsylvania hotel. The next update will be Monday lunchtime. Tim x

Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Hooray!!!! The trip is now back on! The travel company have been in touch to say they have secured flights for us on Mon 3rd May. Returning to England for Fri 7th May. Hotel still to be confirmed, they will let us know full details by this friday. I will write to you and confirm everything at that point. Tim x

Tuesday, 20 April 2010

No further updates at this point - I will be speaking to the travel company again in the morning, so will update about lunchtime. Tim x


Hi all - the travel company have been in touch and as yet there is no real update. It appears there will be no problem with the accomadation but this can not be confirmed until we have new flights. British Airways are currently re-scheduling and there could be further info at about 17:00 today. TIM x

Monday, 19 April 2010

update from travel company

The travel company (Studylink) phoned this afternoon to say that they have now started to arrange the alternative trip. They will be looking to keep the trip as near to the possible plan; same flight times, same hotel etc, but could not fully gaurantee this. They are hoping to update me by tomorrow (tues 20th). I will keep you posted.

Tim x
This is a new site to keep you all updated with the New York trip.
Please look at this site as regular as possible for the updates.